Studio Exploration – Text paintings: text as graphics, graphics as text
- Select two “players” and/or two “narratives” from our two books and create a text painting diptych based on the content reflected in your reading.
- Word process a rationale paper of approximately one-page.
- Create a podcast from your rationale paper using digitally photographed images of your diptych
- Note: you can view and hear similar explorations from last spring when we used different readings.
- palimpsestic a manuscript or piece of writing material on which the original writing has been effaced to make room for later writing but of which traces remain.･ figurative something reused or altered but still bearing visible traces of its earlier form.
- bricolage (in art or literature) construction or creation from a diverse range of available things.
- haptic of or relating to the sense of touch, in particular relating to the perception and manipulation of objects using the senses of touch.
- image transfers
- block prints
- wax resist
- frotage (rubbings)
- and many more